Setting up your Email in Microsoft Outlook 2010
Posted by Ekovista Support on 30 November 2010 03:42 PM
1. Open Outlook 2010.|
2. If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard displays automatically, on the first page of the wizard, click Next.
3. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to set up an e-mail account.
4. If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook 2010 toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
5. On the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook may try to automatically fill in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings based on how you're logged on to your computer. If the settings are filled in and they're correct, click Next to have Outlook finish setting up your account.
6. If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren't filled in or aren't correct, consider the following as you correct the settings:
7. If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren't filled in for you, type the correct settings based on the information that was provided to you by the person who manages your e-mail account.
8. If the name in the Your Name box isn't correct, you may need to reset the options on the Auto Account Setup page before you can edit your name. To reset the options, click the option button next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click the option button next to E-Mail Account.
9. After you click Next on the Auto Account Setup page of the wizard, Outlook will perform an online search to find your e-mail server settings. You'll be prompted to enter your user name and password during this search. Make sure that you enter your full e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) as your user name.
10. If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the following text: Your e-mail account is successfully configured. Click Finish.